We routinely receive questions in the Gmail Help Community on how to bring over emails from other email service providers, and in some cases, the other provider may not support POP3 or is not supported by Gmailify or the ShuttleCloud API or may experience a known issue.
For those circumstances, the most convenient method would be to use an email client like MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac or Apple Mail and follow the steps suggested below:
- Setup both the accounts as using IMAP.
- Allow the email client to download emails from both accounts.
- Set up the necessary folders in the destination account (in this case Gmail), which will show up as labels in the Gmail web UI.
- Move, Copy or Drag 'n Drop emails from the folders/inbox of the source account to the folders in the destination (Gmail) account.
- When your destination (Gmail) account in the email client syncs with the server, it would show the emails from the other account.
- This is a manual process so it needs to be performed periodically to ensure the destination (Gmail) account is regularly updated.
- I shall be bringing over emails from the Saved folder in my AOL account over to my Gmail account.
- For this testing, I have opted to use Thunderbird. I have skipped including the descriptions and screenshots of the first two steps as my primary focus is on the importing of emails.